Beauty Confidential

beauty confidential

Residual information and musings from a retired beauty editor who really needs to connect it to some weighty issues to the world of cosmetics and skincare. So she thinks beauty is the basis of human interaction -- How attraction plays a part in every relationship you have, from your neighbour to your boss. First impressions are all about how you look and the anthropological and sociological manner in which your looks are interpreted. yes yes, blah blah blah...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In Memory


I remember her flaming red hair, slightly dull from the age
I remember her beautiful skin and how she remarked that a woman of her age should never wear glitter lipstick
I remember how she smiled when I asked her about her passion
I remember how she chided me when I told her I buy based on a pricetag
I remember how she changed the way I saw myself in an afternoon at Bakerzinn

She was a kook
a genius
a spirit
a force

It's true that the angels among us don't stay long
and Anita Roddick is one of them.

When I met her 18 months ago, she bounced into Bakerzinn like she was on high [on life, presumably]
she was upbeat, incredible and captivating
We spoke for barely 30 minutes but at the end of it, she gave me career advice!
She was a one-woman quote machine. Everything that came out of her was perfectly structured
I came out of that interview with a glow like never before... and I felt like it was one of the best interviews I'd had. And I always harboured the hope that I could maybe one day work for her in London in her new publishing firm. I wanted to soak in her energy and bask in her activist spirit.
From shampoos, she made a difference...

Anita, I'm going to miss you!

the news here.

and someone else who says it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger laissezfaire said...

wow...so cool that you got to meet and talk to Anita! She is such an inspiration.

12:49 pm  
Blogger laissezfaire said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on laissezfaire! =)

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home